Friday, October 12, 2007

Thanks Coach Bove!








Shortly after we arrived to Saipan I heard of a "swim" from Managaha island to Saipan. My interest peaked. I started swimming 1-2 times weekly with a friend, Pascale, who is very athletic and a hard worker. The "Escape from Managaha" island swim was a few weeks ago and I am happy to say that we made it! There were about 30 people who arrived at 6:30am for the boat ride over. We were a little nervous (the current was a bit stronger than usual) and someone tried to scare us by mentioning the "s" word (..sharks). We even saw a reef shark from the pier (there really aren't any big sharks in these waters). We strapped on our swim caps and headed off. Pascale and I stayed together most of the way and Kayaks were around if we had any problems. It took us 1 hour and 5 minutes to cross the 3000 meters (120 laps of the pool). My lovely family was waiting for me at the finish line!
Thanks Coach Bove for the many years of swim coaching!!!!!

P.S.
The "cow" picture was made by Ryan from the many cartons of boxed milk we use (there isn't much fresh milk here)

No comments: